Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Confessions of an OCD blogger...

I've been blogging for two months now, and figure it is time for an admission (the first step to recovery?) My name is Elphaba and I'm addicted to blogging. I've got probably 5 topics saved up to blog about in the future. And I find myself thinking in blog. Things I read and experience get translated into potential future blog entries in my head. I have to exercise tremendous self-discipline to not make multiple posts in a day sometimes when I find several really interesting things to yammer on about. So even if no one was reading the Hideaway but me, I don't think I'd be able to give it up at this point.

This shouldn't be a surprise to me or anyone who knows me - I'm fairly obsessive about all my other hobbies. But I tried blogging about 2 years ago and it didn't stick. I was irregular about posting and did it primarily as an obligation to family and friends. A painful chore at best. But this blog is totally different. I'm really enjoying writing it, because I'm writing what I want. And I'm enjoying how writing it is changing me. I'm writing more now in my everyday life as a result, and feel like I'm thinking about things in a different light.

So thanks for reading here at the Hideaway so I don't have to feel like the crazy cat lady who talks to herself all the time. Hope you enjoy reading it at least half as much as I enjoy writing it.

~Elphie

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elphaba said...

well ok, since you asked so nicely. :)

~E

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home