Monday, October 23, 2006

A culinary experiment

This weekend I made Mudder's Milk, following the recipe found on the official Serenity movie website. Look under Shepherd Book in the Flash website for the cookbook if you're curious how (or why) Tigers Milk bars, oatmeal, sarsaparilla, root beer, and YooHoo are combined to make anything remotely edible. And if you've ever mixed up this recipe and have test results of your own to share, please let me know.
I took the concoction with me to a party Saturday, to wish some fellow Browncoats safe travels as they are moving cross-country this week. Quite a few partygoers imbibed - both Browncoats and those who've never flown the Firefly 'verse - and said it was good. I don't think they were just being polite, since they actually drank it all from their cups. A few folks added Kahlua and had a second cup. I my optimism improved seeing this; based on the smell and knowing what went into it I'd expected it to be utterly foul. So I poured myself a glass (yeah, I used my friends as test subjects to sample it before I tried it).

Test results: my friends are either devoid of tastebuds, kwong-juh duh (nuts), or both.

Seriously, I thought this swill was horrific. It was probably the pepperminty aftertaste that killed it for me. I took one sip and dumped mine out. I'm a big Firefly fan, but that was just too much. Then again, if I'm the only one grossed out, maybe I'm the insane one. Maybe it was just the worst possible chaser for the ultra-yummy brownie I'd just eaten. Whatever, I don't expect I'll make it again, except maybe as a joke if we are going to a sci-fi themed party.

~Elphie

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you're a geek.

- Tony

1:36 AM  
Blogger Elphaba said...

geek grrrl and proud of it!

~E

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home