Monday, October 30, 2006

Oh DOJ, what have you done?


Remember the time when the internet was no holds barred, take no prisoners competitive? A time when dot.coms flourished or failed, when pets had a place to shop (because pets can't drive!), and 10 foot tall e's were left on Netscape's front lawn to help motivate their employees to develop the best browser they could?

Alas, we are in a kinder, gentler era now. The IE team sends Mozilla a cake to congratulate them on the relase of Firefox 2. A cake. How is such friendly competition supposed to instill indignant anger in the FF development team? This must be a brilliant tactic by the borg to demotivate Mozilla employees by disarming them with kindness... that's just as plausible as there being a message in the sequence of the black/white frosting blobs...

I say to you Mozilla developers, rise up in your cubicles and shout in anger at those Redmond rascals who only coughed up the budget to send you a quarter sheet cake that will only feed a small fraction of your numbers. They didn't even send ice cream. What good is cake without ice cream?!? By the gods, the only thing more insulting would have been if they'd sent you a dozen cupcakes. Get back to your keyboards and code with the fury of those who have been scorned!

hahahahaha
~Elphie

cake photo source: http://fredericiana.com/2006/10/24/from-redmond-with-love/

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that was supposed to be funny?

6:23 PM  
Blogger Elphaba said...

thanks, I'm here all week.

look, I've got a strange sense of humor (I blog about punkin chunkin, fo'shizzle). if you don't get it, I'm sorry. if you don't like it, you probably shouldn't read my blog.

BEGIN:humor-free translation of my blog post

I think it was really sweet of the IE team to send Mozilla a cake. It shows that MSFT (at least the IE team) is growing up and learning to respect their competition, and not just behave like over-aggro frat boys beating up and teasing the kids they don't like/feel threatened by. The anti-msft zealots crack me up though, their conspiracy theories about why it was sent and what the frosting blobs mean are hysterical. I'm sorry I couldn't resist positing yet another ridiculous theory about how MSFT sending a cake to FF is evidence of their evil nature.

END:humor-free translation of my blog post

~E

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, what's wrong with frat boys?

(And no, there weren't any messages encoded in the frosting. Just chocolate.)

- Tony

11:16 PM  
Blogger Elphaba said...

Actually, I'm a gnome. I'm a sock gnome, not an underpants gnome. Either way, I see how the pointy hat could confuse you.

By the way, you're a coward. If you're going to take the time to come to my blog and insult me, log in and put your name on your next insult.

~Elphaba West

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home